Sunday, May 12, 2013

Recommended Kitchen Helpers




Champion Juicer - this masticating juicer will get the job done and keep your enzymes fresh for up to 24 hrs in the refrigerator (in a filled, sealed jar)

 

Champion Commercial Juicer G5-PG-710

Amazon.com has it listed retail for $299.97. I got mine through ebay for $215.00 and free shipping almost 4 years ago. Today I saw it at the local health food store for $259.99. Be sure to check on-line for the best deal!

For a less expensive option you can purchase a centrifugal juicer such as a Breville $159.99 or Jack LaLane $99.99. The primary difference (in my opinion) between the masticating and the centrifugal juicer is the centrifugal ones chew up the fruits and veggies in such a way that the enzymes don't last as long so you'll need to drink your juice as soon as you make it. I have a masticating juicer (that can also make nut butters- bonus) and my boyfriend has a centrifugal one and I think mine is easier to clean.


_________________________


Vitamix - I forget which blog I saw the comment - "this is a blender on steroids" - it pretty much sums it up. I got this as a birthday gift this year from my family. I had been pining after one of these for the past couple of years. My family grabbed it while Costco was carrying a model for at least $100 below regular retail price. I'm a lucky girl! I used to read with curiosity these blogs with recipes calling for the Vitamix. I get it now! Smoothies are truly blended - seeds and all, fibers in veggies like kale - completely pureed. It was out of my price range so I am sooo grateful to have one gifted to me. My boyfriend & I make smoothies 5 days a week now and its given me even more inspiration to try new healthy recipes. Made a delicious asparagus soup in it too. Definitely worth every penny in the health arena!
Amazon has it listed for: $484.99 - Check Costco and on-line. Easy to clean, comes with a recipe book & a 7 year warranty!

Vitamix 5200


 __________________________

Cuisinart Food Processor  - this is great for sauces and dips, chopping onions, carrots, etc. Its quick to set up, easy to clean. I have a basic one, on the small side - just big enough! These days it runs about $100 for the 7-cup. I've had mine for 8+ years. Still going strong!

Cuisinart DLC-10S Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor

No comments:

Post a Comment